Monday, October 25, 2010

And in the beginning....

Since everyone else on the planet has created a blog it seemed rather appropriate for me to join the blogger movement. These blogs will have no major theme or political thrust, but in a small way add something positive to the world with morsels of wisdom from Maximus - as well as the many wise sages from previous eras and nationalities. The entries will vary widely from music to food and nutrition, health and education to movies and good beer and wine. And anything else I feel like sending out to the world to read and share.

Today I would like to share some of my favorite music from American movie soundtracks. These are on YouTube and I am grateful to these savvy computer meisters for doing all the work that allows me to simply embed their work into my blog.

From the film GETTYSBURG (1993) here is the main title from the soundtrack.






If you have never seen this film it is about the American Civil War (1861-1865) and the major battle at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania in July, 1863. The acting is superb, the story dramatic, the history fairly accurate, and the music outstanding and moving. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I failed miserably to get this right the first time, but now, after reading so many other blogs and learning how to do this -- the page is uploaded correctly. How cool is that? It only took me thirteen months. At this rate I figure it will take about fourteen thousand years to catch up with some of you prolific bloggers. So who's in a rush, anyway?

    ReplyDelete